Saturday, 2 February 2013

Happy World Wetlands Day!

Here at Teddy Forest, the bears and I love wetlands...bogs, lakes, streams, you name it! Wetlands are some of the most biodiverse places on earth and are home to thousands of unique species. Support your local wetlands by putting litter in its place, adding organic food items to your meals, leaving the car at home, and leashing your dog.

frog, by smallgirl
(I think it might be an invasive European green frog, but beautiful nonetheless)
Snowy Owl overwintering on local flats by smallgirl
Great Blue Herons in summer by smallgirl
Raccoons by smallgirl
Love your wetlands today!!

2 comments:

  1. Ohh.. I love your snowy owl photo. I consider you so lucky to see one. Although you may see them frequently, I don't know. I've never seen one in real life. I'd love to though. I love owls. That is a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowy owl is lovely, isn't it? They are actually fairly uncommon here, usually only a few a year in the Boundary Bay area and nowhere else in the area, but every few years there is an "eruption" meaning that many show up, sometimes 45 to 50!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Although I may not always respond, I really appreciate your feddback and comments on my blog. Thank you for commenting :)